Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication distrubution, selling, and mip whats gonna happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vimzin

The other night on 17th me n my friends had got ready to go to a party I never really intended on going but me and of the guys that was going to go to the party got alcohol for everyone me and him paid for it at the time but meaning so that everyone would pay us back later on that day my friend needed money so I gave him his share or money back and at the party it got busted I got charged for distribution when I never handed it or brought it to the party my friend had brought it in his car and I was in another car also I got charged for selling without a license and last I got charged for drinking. What do you think I will get in Virginia I know this is serious so was I really selling and distrubution? I don't think I was but let me know and if you could please tell me what the likely charge will be is it any jail my record is clean I don't know if that counts for anything or not but thas the whole thing

It's difficult to tell what you were charged with as an MIP and distribution violations are different statues. As you are a first time offender, it is probably unlikely that you'll have the proverbial book thrown at you, but nobody can tell you what you will receive. I believe that an MIP and distribution violation are both a "class 1" offenses but that a distribution offense can also result in jail time of up to one year. An MIP may result in a suspended drivers license for up to one year, a fine of up to $500, and community service. Much will probably depend upon the specific facts and circumstances of your case, which are difficult to make out. If you have not consulted an attorney, you may want to consider the investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back