Disorderly Conduct

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rings

I am new to the forum so I am sorry if this topic has already been addressed. I have a really odd thing that happened and I am not sure if it's against the law or not. I have never had a ticket in my whole life.

I walked out of my house at 9:00pm at night because there was something going on outside. When I got out there in the middle of the street was the lady from across the street beating up my next door neighbors (a different neighbor) 16 year old daughter. So they are not related or anything and this lady is a grown woman in her 40's or 50's. Her son lives with her and he was kicking that 16 year old girl in the face. he is like a 30 year old man or something. My first instinct was to get the lady off the child. I ran out there and pulled the lady off. The police had already been called before I even got out there by the other neighbors.

I do not know this lady's name or anything and I had no reason to fight her or anything... I simply took her off of the kid. When the cops arrived I told them this, but I still got a ticket for disorderly conduct anyway. I have never been in trouble with the law and I was just trying to help that young girl from getting killed or something.

We went to court and I pled not guilty because I don't feel I was disorderly by trying to help, but now I am freaking out because people keep telling me that I should have pled guilty, paid a fine or whatever and been done with it.

Honestly I am a good person and I will take classes or whatever to make the judge happy, but is there a way this man will get away with kicking her in the face like that? He pled not guilty and all he got was disorderly conduct??? I am so confused why this man didnt get an assult charge when 7 people were there telling the police what happened including myself.

I don't know why they were fighting. i don't even know the name of the woman I pulled off of that girl. I am just a neighbor that was trying to help her. I am worried about the trial and I am looking for any advice I can get really.

Thank you kindly,

~ Rings

Is my story so crazy that no one can help me here? I have been looking for any reply. I think that I even received a ticket for this is odd.... Any thoughts at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back