Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct Disorderly Conduct

Status
Not open for further replies.

needlegal

Hello...i need some legal advice please. I was in an adult bookstore and was sitting next to a guy. I placed my hand on the guys thigh and an undercover police officer came up to me and told me and the other guy to go outside. He issued me a citation saying that I am going to be charged with disorderly conduct. He gave me a court date and told me: "I can't give legal advice, but if I were you, I would plead not guilty at this court date and then they will set you up with another court date and the prosecutor will usually work something out to get the record esponged." He said that the prosecuter will have me pay a fine and as long as I don't get in trouble for two years it will be off my record. Is this the best thing to do? I live in Jefferson County Kentucky and have never been in trouble before. I really want to get this over with but don't want this record to follow me the rest of my life. Any legal advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Only your attorney can provide you with "legal advice".

What code section have you been charged with? And is it the placing of a hand on a man's thigh the conduct you were cited for? Was there something more? Something said, some signal or gesture?

Chances are you will have to wait until court to see what the state will present as evidence. If you simply touched the man's thigh with your hand I cannot see how that - by itself - could be disorderly conduct no matter your state's definition.

- Carl

Violation code section is left blank on the citation. The charge section is filled in as: "D.C." The Post-Arrest complaint (which I was never arrested I was asked to sit in the undercover police car on the passenger side) says: "Listed Sub was in theatre of listed location on this date. Sub walked over to co-def who had his penis out. Sub attempted to masturbate co-def in theater in front of patrons." The only "patrons" there was the police officer and I didn't attempted to masterbate the person. Is this something that I can get expunged or should I just pay the fine and move on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back