Criminal Law Disorderly Conduct and Green Card!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SH1980

Hi,
I really need help; I have my Conditional Green Card which will expire this month July 2007, and I already filled the I-751 form with my wife on Apr 2007 when I was supposed to. Last May 2007 my wife had an issue with my neighbour so I went over to the neighbour's house we had an argument, I was charged with Agravated Menacing on May, 4th, 2007, there was no physical contact but they thought I shouldn't have went to his house and I had a bassball bat in my hand I didn't harm anyone I just had it with me because the neighbour had dogs with him and I was concerned he would unleash them on me but I couldn't prove my case.

To make the long story short, last week in the pre-trial I was offered to plead Disorderly Conduct M4 and my lawyer thinks it is a good solution that I would be under probabtion, pay a fine, 32 hours community service, and attend an anger management class.

I understand it is a problem but what makes it worth now that my wife wants to file for a divorce (disolution), I don't want to leave her I love her but she is set on it, she said she would help me with the INS papers if she needs to but we can be friends and not married. The main reason is she wants to have kids and I want to wait beside some other financial issues and disagrees I tried to fix things but it is not working out at all for her she is set on the disolution.

The question here is; will I have to refill the I-751 after the divorce, and what are my chances now since I will have to plead to Disorederly Conduct M4 and I will also be divorced. I am not a bad person, I am in my process to get my Master's degree in Computer Technology, and I am a Programmer Analyst in a hospital in OH.

Please advice me.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back