Didn't Sign Loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmgbb1

I was divorced in 2006. In final agreement am being held liable for half of vehicle costs related to the marriage, which were extensive. (Had bad legal advice) RV was destroyed in a fire. Spoke to loan company, I never signed the contract, ex did. Am in line for lump sum final payment from ex. Can I fight this? It would mean another 10K to me.

Last edited:
I don't quite understand what you are saying. You may be held liable for "half the vehicle costs" because it is being deemed your debt too by the court even though you didn't "sign" it. The assets and liabilities of the marriage are being apportioned out. That doesn't mean you had bad legal advice. If the RV was destroyed in a fire their should be insurance coverage. If the Judge gave you half the debt that balances the "lump sum" from the ex. Does that make sense? Where is the insurance?

Then I would say it is his liability. I wouldn't cover it. Go back to court and show that he failed to properly insure the RV. The court will make that his responsibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back