Jail Detained for fines

pacoparrot

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
I checked my fiances docket yesterday and there is now a detainer as of June 28th for her fines of around $2550 that she hasn't been able to pay. She is still in county jail but has petitioned for work release. I was wondering if maybe they put out the detainer because she is getting work release soon and that is their way of making sure she pays it all off? Or if this detainer could prevent her from going onto work release? I would hope not because if she has a job she can pay it off quicker. Also with a detainer do they take payment plans? Like would it be a possibility that they would release her I was paying monthly? I cannot possibly afford to pay the whole thing at once but I can do it if they made a payment arrangement. She just has spoken with a visitor from the PA Prison Society on Saturday. The lady seemed like she was very interested in her so I am hoping she can help too if she was aware of this detainer. She is supposed to call me back after the holiday. I put $50 on her fines today to get the ball rolling. I just want to know what this means and what I need to do.

I was wondering if maybe they put out the detainer because she is getting work release soon and that is their way of making sure she pays it all off?

Could be.

Or if this detainer could prevent her from going onto work release?

It might.

Also with a detainer do they take payment plans?

All she can do is ask.

Like would it be a possibility that they would release her I was paying monthly?

Again, all she can do is ask the authorities who are in charge as to how they are willing to handle it.

She just has spoken with a visitor from the PA Prison Society on Saturday. The lady seemed like she was very interested in her so I am hoping she can help too if she was aware of this detainer.

Can't imagine what kind of help you're hoping for. I seriously doubt that the organization will come up with money to pay her fines:

Pennsylvania Prison Society

I put $50 on her fines today to get the ball rolling.

That's good but I doubt that it changes anything.

I just want to know what this means and what I need to do.

I doubt if you, personally, can do anything. It's up to her and her lawyer to find out who's who and what's what and then she can relay that information to you.

Back