destruction of evidence-transcripts before sentencing.

D

Dominique

Jurisdiction
California
My 40th anniversary is coming up in 2 months. Today it has been 39 years and 10 months. That's how long I have been trying. I think they know that I am innocent of the crimes but there is no evidence for DNA testing. at the time 2000 I did the only thing I could think of to prove my innocence, I turned myself in and requested DNA testing. 6 months later I was told everything transcripts, evidence and files had been destroyed and it is unknown as to who carried out or ordered the destruction. I have heard of evidence existing 40-50 years used to vindicate.

The length of time evidence is held depends on the type of crime and appeal statutes. Some evidence is held forever, others only until the time for appeal has passed.

The year 2000 was only 17 years ago so where does the 40th anniversary come from?

Are you in prison? Were you tried and convicted of a crime?

Your post appears to suggest not.

If you were never tried and the evidence and files are all gone, why are you concerned about this?

And what kind of crime are you talking about? For most crimes (except murder) the SOL would have run out long ago.

My 40th anniversary is coming up in 2 months. Today it has been 39 years and 10 months. That's how long I have been trying. I think they know that I am innocent of the crimes but there is no evidence for DNA testing. at the time 2000 I did the only thing I could think of to prove my innocence, I turned myself in and requested DNA testing. 6 months later I was told everything transcripts, evidence and files had been destroyed and it is unknown as to who carried out or ordered the destruction. I have heard of evidence existing 40-50 years used to vindicate.

Okay, great story, you certainly piqued my interest.
Please finish it, as it seems very interesting.

Back