Deputy Neighbor

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Black Sheep

Jurisdiction
New Mexico
My son and I have lived in our home for more than 6 years. During that time my neighbor, who is a Sheriffs Deputy, and his wife have reported me to Children,Youth, and Families Division (cyfd) with claims that Im abusing my 11 year old son (none of which have been found to be factual) 3 times, the Sheriff turned me in as a known drug dealer in 2014 and my house was raided and charges brought against me for a bag of dope an officer dropped and claimed was mine. I had a clean record until that point, my last traffic violation was for no seatbelt in 1994. It took an entire year for me to fight for my innocence and I was still coerced to plead down to a petty misdemeanor weed charge, which will haunt me for the rest of my professional life. Not to mention the original charges are not erased, they are still very much shown when anyone does a background check. In fact the only thing they found in my home to charge me with were 2 ziplock bags with amoxicillan antibiotics which I had had for a toothache a month before. Their 11 year old son bullies my son to the point he's scared to go to school. He went so far as to stick building nails thru a small apple and throw it at my son who was playing in my backyard. When I told the police what had happened, they said it was a parenting issue and I needed to speak with his parents. They didn't even make a report. Since then they have talked about me on their facebook page, they have told people in my hometown bold faced lies, and the Deputy has even gone to my sons elementary school, in his full uniform, to try an convince him that his mother, me, is a bad person and they are only trying to help him. This has gone on long enough and I don't know exactly what to do or who to turn to? Please help me

Moving sounds like the best option. You can not prevent them from making reports if they think something is amiss, and it is darn near impossible to prove they are doing it out of spite and not because they have reason to think there is just cause.

I have no idea why you would plead guilty to a drug charge which was false, but that is between you and whatever legal counsel you hired to represent you.

Moving sounds like the best option. You can not prevent them from making reports if they think something is amiss, and it is darn near impossible to prove they are doing it out of spite and not because they have reason to think there is just cause.

I have no idea why you would plead guilty to a drug charge which was false, but that is between you and whatever legal counsel you hired to represent you.

Exactly my thoughts! At the time I was scared and angry and had no idea what I'm the world to do. The attorney I hired tried from day one to admit I was guilty and apply for the PreProsecution Diversion Program. Of course I said now and after an entire year and no job because of the pending charges, I wanted it to be done. At the trial the Judge agreed that he disagreed with the charges and thought that the only crimes committed were against me by the police but after him saying that I still received the plea in the mail 2 weeks later. That was a little over a year ago and this man and his wife are still telling people in the community I'm a drug dealer! Being a single Mother, making ends meet is a constant struggle, if I had the means to move I would have years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back