Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft (Dept. store) Theift

Status
Not open for further replies.

StevenPlace

6 months ago. It was near Christmas had no money wanted to get my family, girlfriend and my self stuff. 2 times I went to (Dept. store) and took merchandise off a shelf took it to the customer service desk and returned and got a gift card they might have reached up to 500 maybe less now I'm getting charged. I wanted to see if the judge would grant me mercy and let me not go to jail and keep my job and pay off the fines I owe them and the court

Last edited by a moderator:
We can't tell you what the court will decide, but if you have a clean record it is unlikely you will do time in jail.
Expect fines and probation.
If you do have a record already then it just depends on the nature of that record.

Depending on what you were charged with, you might go to jail. Not only did you steal the merchandise, you did it in an organized manner on multiple occasions, then tried to translate it into negotiable medium.

You really need to talk to a lawyer. If you can't afford one, you can ask the court if they might appoint a public defender for you. A lawyer can help you get the best outcome possible.

I am a Retail theft Consultant and answer questions like this daily. It is possible you could be charged with a felony. If so keeping this off your record is likely impossible. You should seek consultations with several local Attorneys many will do this at no charge for first visit. You can arm yourself with info.

6 months ago. It was near Christmas had no money wanted to get my family, girlfriend and my self stuff. 2 times I went to (Dept. store) and took merchandise off a shelf took it to the customer service desk and returned and got a gift card they might have reached up to 500 maybe less now I'm getting charged. I wanted to see if the judge would grant me mercy and let me not go to jail and keep my job and pay off the fines I owe them and the court

Stop talking about what you did or didn't do.
Time to lawyer up.
When arrested, remain silent, remain calm, name, address, DOB, only.
Ask for a lawyer, say no more.
If you keep blabbing you won't make your life easier.
If its taken this long, they've been hunting you.
When people do this, they often have done it with others and/or in other stores.
The retail detectives and police detectives are very clever. They're on to people that do this. That's what they get paid to do, and the prosecutors are very good.

Silence is your best weapon now.
Time is your second best.
Your biggest and best ally is a criminal defense lawyer. Hire one, talk to several, if its too costly, if arrested ask the judge for one.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back