Deposit

415igor

Jurisdiction
California
Seller doesn't want to give back half of the deposit for the car that not going to be purchased. He is not a dealer. He has no license to sell. Can I have him make me a legit receipt so I can file it properly? Will he need to report this to IRS? Can I report him? THe transaction was in cash.

I'm currently in New York.

I came as a refugee in 1998. Got my Green Card in 2002. Was arrested in 2011. I was in prison with an aggravated felony in the end of my term I was transferred to immigration prison. I was able to get out on bail. Since then I won my Habeus Corpus and I don't have anything on my record that making me deported. I was discharged from my parole a year early in June of 2017.

What are my next steps to get my papers back?

Seller doesn't want to give back half of the deposit for the car that not going to be purchased. He is not a dealer. He has no license to sell.

Doesn't need to be a dealer or have a license to sell a car privately.

Can I have him make me a legit receipt

Why didn't you get a receipt when you handed over the money?

so I can file it properly?

File what? Where?

Will he need to report this to IRS?

Not unless he sold it for more than he paid for it.

Can I report him?

Sure. Nobody's going to stop you.

THe transaction was in cash.

So?

Oh, in case you aren't aware of this. He can sue you for the balance of the money...and win. He doesn't have to agree to cancel the deal.

I was transferred from California to New York in May of 2016. In June of 2017 my parole was discharged (a year earlier than suppose to). I need my discharged paper for my immigration case as soon as possible but it seems no one wants to help me. What are my steps? Thank you in advance!

Thanks.. this actually for my dad. He is bipolar and the guy who took money from him knew exactly what he was doing. All I'm trying to do is to see if it's possible to do something to help him. The guy took an advantage of the sick person.

This is pretty much the whole story. The guy new that my dad is sick. He knew he wouldn't make this decision. He still took his money knowingly that my dad won't be able to get the car.

I called the seller, spoke to him. HE is telling about witnesses who have seen how the deal went down and about a buyer he lost because he waited.

THe amount is 550 EURO (don't ask! I'm not sure why my dad gave him Euro). I'm totally ok for him to have half even though he knew that he was taking advantage of old, sick guy.

The car in question has 260000 miles and he was selling it for $3500. I already found many deal for under that on the same brand and better condition.

I understand there is not a lot I can do, but you can totally understand my intentions to help and make it right.

Can I have him make me a legit receipt so I can file it properly?

File it with whom? What does "can I have him make" mean? You certainly can ask for a receipt, but whether he'll give you one is anyone's guess.

Will he need to report this to IRS?

Without knowing anything at all about this person's tax situation, the only intelligent answer is maybe.

Can I report him?

You can report anything you want to anyone you want.

If you want, you can try to find a lawyer to represent your father in a lawsuit against the seller and claim that your father was legally incompetent to enter into a contract. I doubt, however, that would be cost effective given the amounts you mentioned. You could also report what happened to the police to see if they might be interested.

Thank you.

File it with whom? What does "can I have him make" mean? You certainly can ask for a receipt, but whether he'll give you one is anyone's guess.

Without knowing anything at all about this person's tax situation, the only intelligent answer is maybe.

You can report anything you want to anyone you want.

If you want, you can try to find a lawyer to represent your father in a lawsuit against the seller and claim that your father was legally incompetent to enter into a contract. I doubt, however, that would be cost effective given the amounts you mentioned. You could also report what happened to the police to see if they might be interested.

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
I was transferred from California to New York in May of 2016. In June of 2017 my parole was discharged (a year earlier than suppose to). I need my discharged paper for my immigration case as soon as possible but it seems no one wants to help me. What are my steps? Thank you in advance!

Federal or California parole?

You don't get discharged from parole EARLY without being given papers.

You have no papers, you can't produce your papers, you've got big trouble brewing.

Contact your original defense lawyer or your parole agent in CA by written correspondence, priority mail, not via email.

If you do nothing, some very helpful people dressed in business suits will soon be contacting you.

I called my first parole agent (New York) after my level was dropped I was reassigned to a different one. He checked his system and verified that I was discharged. I also got verification from my California parole agent, I still have his SMS saved.

What I'm trying to find out is how to get my discharged paperwork.

It was a state parole.

Hi folks,

I need some help with getting my discharged papers. I was discharged from state parole in the beginning of June. My discharged happened a whole year earlier. How can I get my papers? Need them for my immigration case.

Is there an agency I can write? Who has it?

Thank you!

I called my first parole agent (New York) after my level was dropped I was reassigned to a different one. He checked his system and verified that I was discharged. I also got verification from my California parole agent, I still have his SMS saved.

It was a state parole.

The court where you were sentenced is the source of any discharge.

Have you contacted the court clerk, or looked at the record online?

I'm currently in New York.

I came as a refugee in 1998. Got my Green Card in 2002. Was arrested in 2011. I was in prison with an aggravated felony in the end of my term I was transferred to immigration prison. I was able to get out on bail. Since then I won my Habeus Corpus and I don't have anything on my record that making me deported. I was discharged from my parole a year early in June of 2017.

What are my next steps to get my papers back?

It may not be as easy as you think.

Hire a lawyer.....

It was a state parole.

Hi folks,

I need some help with getting my discharged papers. I was discharged from state parole in the beginning of June. My discharged happened a whole year earlier. How can I get my papers? Need them for my immigration case.

Is there an agency I can write? Who has it?

Thank you!

Write a letter to your parole agent and the agency that employed the agency.

Write a letter to the clerk of the court that sentenced you, and ask if you can view the case online, or if you can BUY a copy of the final disposition of the case.

You can also search your name on one of dozens of sites online that offer such information, some for free, others for a price.

You can usually search for free.

Write a letter to your parole agent and the agency that employed the agency.

Write a letter to the clerk of the court that sentenced you, and ask if you can view the case online, or if you can BUY a copy of the final disposition of the case.

You can also search your name on one of dozens of sites online that offer such information, some for free, others for a price.

You can usually search for free.
Thank you! What web site is the best in your opinion? Even if it's paid. Can I hire someone for assistance?

If I'll write the letter, what kind of letter should I send to make sure I'll get a respond? Is there any samples?

I appreciate all your help!!

It may not be as easy as you think.

Hire a lawyer.....
I do have a lawyer but he is in San Diego since I was placed in El Cerrito on the border with Mexico detention center. My lawyer was able to get me a bail and my date was set to 2019.

A lot of things changed since then.

Moved to New York from California

Got married and she is a citizen.

I won my Habeas Corpus and the convictions I was in the immigration for are no longer there.

I was discharged from my parole.

What if I change the venue to New York? Would this speed a process?

Any tips or suggestions?

Back