Security Deposit Deposit

Status
Not open for further replies.

willkimb5836

An application deposit...if your application is not approved, the deposit is refundable in most cases, however, the deposit may not be refunded if you are accepted but decided not to move in, fail to tell truth on application or for certain other reasons....(such as a signed clause by potential renter who doesn't meet rental criteria).

Rental criteria for apartments i applied for:
CRIMINAL HISTORY: All applicants and occupants over 18 will be checked for criminal history. The history must reflect the following:
no felony convictions;
no convictions of the manufacture or distribution of controlled substances;
no pending indictment or deferred or withheld adjudication for a felony; and
no convictions or pending indictment or deferred or withheld adjudication for a misdemeanor crime against a person or property.

My criminal history has a possession for marijuana class b misdemeanor no conviction deferred adjudication probation:expired.
I did,indeed, sign a clause that : states "...if you do not meet our rental selection criteria or if you fail to answer any question or give false information, we may reject application, retain all application fees, etc...."

There was also no question on the application that provided me to write or even inform these people of this specific situation. Not intending to hide, just thought deferred adjudication means it doesnt show up once your off probation. I was wrong but refuses to return my deposit doesn't fit the bill right? I did meet the rental criteria.

According to the rental criteria, i should have been accepted, right?

I really wanted the apartment. MY name cross with another person who had 3 felonies. i resolved the issue...still being told, no written documentation, just being told i am being rejected and forfeit my deposit? BEcasue of the unprofessionalism and disrespect and what came off as a hustle to me in the apartments, i told them i wanted my money back and i explained that they could not hold my deposit becasue of failure to meet rental criteria becasue i met rental criteria. i am still having issues?

Do have the right to sue them and actually win?

You can sue anyone you want to sue?
Will you prevail?
The only thing I can say is you might prevail, or you might not prevail.
In all honesty, I'd just let it go.
They disagree with you.
You disagree with them.
They don't have to listen to you.
You don't have to obey them.
If that makes either if you unhappy, sue.
Nothing in life is a sure thing, except that one day we all die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back