Dependent ‘Confusion’ Upon Enlistment

I guess I should have listed 'US Military'. This IS a military forum.
He is located in California. My question continues to be about about military law and repercussions, not any state law. Mama and baby are in Arizona where child was born and birth certificate lists him as father. I understand how the discussion evolved into the state matter of paternity but as you see above I have tried to stick to the military law question of accuracy of enlistment documents.
My comment about the California links was just to point out (and agree with the post I responded to) that at least 2 states allow anyone to become listed on a birth certificate without even a notarized statement. Bob's was 'witnessed' by a friend and now has the effect of a court order.
Why are you being so difficult about accepting the fact that he needs to clear this up through the state court in ARIZONA? Army Judge gave you great advice with regard to how to get that done, but it's going to be done in ARIZONA. California law doesn't have any bearing on this.

Why are you being so difficult about accepting the fact that he needs to clear this up through the state court in ARIZONA? Army Judge gave you great advice with regard to how to get that done, but it's going to be done in ARIZONA. California law doesn't have any bearing on this.
Just a FYI Zig....talerco hasn't been back in almost a month...leslie82 pulled this rather old thread back up.

It is California.
Within 60 days a person who signed an AOP can change their mind and rescind the document easily.
After 60 days court action is required and a compelling reason will have to be given.
In this case the discovery was made after 60 days and the father was lied to. It seems there is a reasonable argument to make if willing to jump through the hoops.

Disputing Parentage - paternity_famlaw_selfhelp

It is California.
Within 60 days a person who signed an AOP can change their mind and rescind the document easily.
After 60 days court action is required and a compelling reason will have to be given.
In this case the discovery was made after 60 days and the father was lied to. It seems there is a reasonable argument to make if willing to jump through the hoops.

Disputing Parentage - paternity_famlaw_selfhelp

Child was born in and has remained in Arizona for his entire life. California law on the matter does not come in to play.

Back