Medical Malpractice Dentist Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmazzola

Got the following email from a friend...any feedback? Thanks.
THE WORST DENTIST EVER!
The only reason that I needed to have my tooth replaced is because Dr. X understudy messed up the root canal that was done. I went in to have a root canal but was never told that his understudy would be doing it.
My tooth always felt loose and when I returned for a cleaning, a few years later, Dr. X fixed my bite. He even stated that "whoever did this root canal did not do it right." Eventually, my tooth had to be taken out which brought me to tears. I had a temporary crown until a permanent one was put in place. The permanent crown did not match my teeth at all and was, in no way, a replica of the opposite tooth. One year later, the permanent tooth became loose. I returned to Dr. X office to have it cemented in place again. When chewing a piece of gum, the tooth was pulled out. I had to go back to Dr. X office to have it replaced. Dr. X put a temporary crown in which came loose less than a week later. I went back to have it cemented in place. Dr. X said that he could not put the permanent tooth in because it was not ready. Dr. X put acrylic on my tooth and left. I bit down and felt like I was biting something. I told the hygienist who marked my teeth and brought Dr. X back in to file the acrylic down. After he filed, I said that I still felt something which he replied that there was nothing there. He then asked the hygienist to take another marking and after that, filed my tooth again. He asked if I could feel anything, which at the time, I couldn't. Now, I notice a gritty, sandpaper feeling on my tooth. I am very, very upset and feel like Dr. X should loose his license to practice dentistry as well as pay for another dentist to fix the problem in which he created!!!

confused

Hi, I read your post and it is the same case as mine. Did you recieve any answers? I have no idea how to use this site yet. Thanks
Lana

answer

First of all, only a licensed dentist can perform a root canal therapy. Only a licensed dentist who has a degree as well as being licensed by a regional board can treat dental patients. If the dentist who performs a root canal is licensed, then there's nothing you can really sue for because root canals do fail and you probably filled out the authorization for dental treatment that states all possible risks.
However if the "understudy" isn't licensed by the state, you have a good case.
As far as cementing and recementing the crowns, failed temporaries, poor color match, these are all non life threatening conditions that don't pose permanent damage risks.
My suggestion is : highly recommended dentist is your best bet to avoid problems like these. As well as if you go to see a dentist who charges low fees, you most likely will get what you pay for.
You can find out if the "understudy " is licensed by going to your state licensing board website. If he'she isn't licensed, he/she as well as your regular dentist are both commiting fraud and should be reported. You should also contact your lawyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back