Defending Constitutional Rights

AllLivesMatter

Jurisdiction
Illinois
I have a bit of a background here. However, I will sum it all up in some key points:

Concerning my legal representation:

I hired, paid in full, legal representation for a resisting a peace officer charge. Since hiring, attorney had not responded to calls, voicemails, or emails. Absolutely none. Wouldn't answer my questions or soothe my concerns, explain why the bench trial keeps getting continued, and literally shut elevator doors on me and disappeared as I was asking him to file a speedy trial request for the third time.

I have sent the attorney a letter, certified USPS, telling him he is fired and asked him to file a motion to withdrawal with the reasons for my decision summed up. He has since not returned my file to me as I have asked not provided any refund of the money given to him for services.

What I'm asking is, am I appropriately handling my situation? I have drafted a Memorandum of Legal Representation Status, supplemented with the letter and copy of receipts. I have also drafted an appearance pro se/Request jury trial, invoking my constitutional right to a trial and asking it be made retroactive considering the extremely poor legal representation I had. I've also drafted a motion for a speedy trial, citing again specific ILCS AND Const. Amendments. I've also drafted a motion to dismiss charges considering a BUNCH of allegations of premeditation, illegality, fabrication of inculpatory evidence and failing to commit exculpatory, supplemented with the proof of my claims for the dismissal grounds.

Am I doing this the right way? When citing an amendment, state statute, or municipal ordinance in the body of the form/motion, do I need to add footnotes or is the reference in the body sufficient

I have a bit of a background here. However, I will sum it all up in some key points:

Concerning my legal representation:

I hired, paid in full, legal representation for a resisting a peace officer charge. Since hiring, attorney had not responded to calls, voicemails, or emails. Absolutely none. Wouldn't answer my questions or soothe my concerns, explain why the bench trial keeps getting continued, and literally shut elevator doors on me and disappeared as I was asking him to file a speedy trial request for the third time.

I have sent the attorney a letter, certified USPS, telling him he is fired and asked him to file a motion to withdrawal with the reasons for my decision summed up. He has since not returned my file to me as I have asked not provided any refund of the money given to him for services.

What I'm asking is, am I appropriately handling my situation? I have drafted a Memorandum of Legal Representation Status, supplemented with the letter and copy of receipts. I have also drafted an appearance pro se/Request jury trial, invoking my constitutional right to a trial and asking it be made retroactive considering the extremely poor legal representation I had. I've also drafted a motion for a speedy trial, citing again specific ILCS AND Const. Amendments. I've also drafted a motion to dismiss charges considering a BUNCH of allegations of premeditation, illegality, fabrication of inculpatory evidence and failing to commit exculpatory, supplemented with the proof of my claims for the dismissal grounds.

Am I doing this the right way? When citing an amendment, state statute, or municipal ordinance in the body of the form/motion, do I need to add footnotes or is the reference in the body sufficient
No one here can guide you through your criminal case in this manner. Not only is beyond the scope of this site, but it would be grossly irresponsible to do so. I suggest you hire a new defense attorney to handle your criminal case.

Illinois State Bar Association | The Association for Illinois Lawyers

If you wish to file a complaint regarding your previous attorney you can go here:

File a Complaint

Back