Defamed by ex wife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim_Gorden

My very soon to be ex wife has spread lies about me as a husband, father, church leader and neighbor. I live in Maryland and have been married 20 years with 2 teenage kids.

We decided to seperate and she thought it better for me to leave since kids were in high school. I agreed and moved out temporarly with the understanding we needed serious help. she stated in her interrogatories that I suddenly abandoned her and the kids. she told the folks at our church who I had served with for years that I cut off all funds and left them destitute. This was not true and have the statement to prove I continued to pay mort and several credit card bills. She was so convincing the church offered her money out of the grace fund (the fund to assist the poor and needy in the community) to help her pay bills.
she led people to believe that I was abusive to the degree that the pastor of the church askes my best friend if I had an anger issue to which he replied no, not at all.

She told my daughter that the reason they dont have any money is because she (my wife) was paying the mortgage. This I heard directly from my daughter

She told my kids I did not want to fix one of the 2 hvac systems in the house leading them to believe I did not care about them.

I asked for a visitation schedule and she refused. I filed a motion with the court for a schedule and joint legal custody. She responded in the counter that she did not want me to have even legal custody.
she told a friend that I was suing her for sole custody of the kids leading him to believe I wanted to take them from her, which I did not.

She was taking the kids to counseling offered by my company HMO and pulled them out bringing to an organization whose mission statement says, to provide counseling to victims of sexual abuse, rape, physical abuse in an effort to stop violence. Their statement does not mention a single word related to counseling kids of divorce. everyone in the community knows what this organization does and I dont want my kids labled as a victim of sexual or physical abuse. My son who is 17 did not even know what the organizations speciality was and asked why did Mom take him there. He went on to say that nobody could ever say that was true. i told him I know that, but if you tell a lie enough times it turns into the truth.

I filed a motion to cease and desist this counseling in favor of counseling designed not for abused children but for kids of abuse. My wife refuses to comply and the kids lawyer, yes my wife insisted they have a lawyer, is supporting her and thinks they should stay there despite the stigma both the kids and I have been subjected to. Since my kids have been attending this counseling, my daughter wont return phone calls or text messages and prefers not to be alone with me despite the fact that there is not a shred of evidence supporting my wifes accusations.
There is more and I have kept documentation on each incident.
So, do I have a case for def of character/slander? As a result of her lies I have lost my friends, my church and my kids and my reputation.

Please help, I have no place else to turn as the divorce has cost me everything. Is there an organization that can help me make this stop pro bono? Or moderately prices as I cant afford $275 an hour. I just dont have the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back