Defamation

Status
Not open for further replies.

blooke

I was a contractor for the government. I lived in Texas at the time this started, in May 2006, and have since relocated myself to Hawaii. It started with an email during an exercise in May and has continued to this day. The email was untrue and sent just to make me look bad. I dont have this email, but the email was read to me upon my return. I thought the matter over and done with until I was slated for a site lead position in Hawaii in August. The company I was working for went into partnership with another company. The new company refused my employment based on slander and above mentioned email. I decided to let the matter drop, move myself to Hawaii (there are personal reasons involved in the move) and get on with my life. I had been waiting for this position for quite a few months....long story there. Upon my arrival here, and in my quest for a new job, I discovered that the email was being shown to quite a few people and my chances for getting a job on par with my previous job is all but out of the question. What are my chances for a lawsuit? I'm not looking to get rich out of it, I just want the wrong to be undone (I know, the damage has already been done), but I want the person to stop. Both companies know what he has and continues to do and yet have not taken any measures to ensure that it ends and the damage somewhat undone. What can I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back