defamation of charecter

Status
Not open for further replies.

susan1965

I had a "intimate relationship" at work with a indirect supervisor.
He ended up filing a sexual harassment charge against me when his WIFE saw the cell phone bill.
Because of that investigation I lost my job.

I have every reason to suspect that the company encouraged him to take a TRO out on me after I made two angry phone calls to him after my dismissal.
When i went down to civil court court and explained the nature of our relationship she said he filed the TRO in the wrong court and it should have been done in FAMILY COURT.

Needless to say I challenged the basis of the TRO saying that we HAD a relationship
and the judge tossed it out.

As an end result of his lying he was forced out and told to resign his post to which he has.

Do I have a case against for defamation of charecter and emotional distress my firing and this TRO had on me??

Thanks

Probably not. You did have an inappropriate relationship with him so the company had every right to fire you.

Probably not. You did have an inappropriate relationship with him so the company had every right to fire you.

I am not talking about the company

I am talking about suing him for defamation of charecter because he lied about the sexual harassment

You have to prove that your reputation was damaged and that you have suffered financial losses and that what is being said is indeed false. Sure you can sue him but it doesn't sound like you have a very strong case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back