defamation of character

Status
Not open for further replies.

gantty

For the past 2-3 years, people who I've established professional relationships with to benefit the organization in which I work, and even people I know on a personal level have brought shared information that a certain individual has stated about my leadership, the stability of the organization, among other things. He has gone as far as stating that I would be fired, discouraged individuals from doing business with me, and discouraged individuals from applying for positions with the organization.

These comments are just from individuals I've established good working relationships with or who know me on a personal level.

Although I've met with this individual to get his feedback and to resolve the situation, he denied even knowing me or anything about the organization. Yet, he has continued to make potentially damaging statements about the organization and its leadership.

Although I know what he is stating is false, I am concerned because there's a lot of public attention and community stakeholders now involved, and if he gets the ear of the wrong person it could potentially cause harm to all the hard work, finanacial support, and community support that has taken place or been received.

I am also concerned that if there is any loss of confidence in my leadership capabilities, will my job, integrity and character be damaged?

Can this be considered dafamation of character? If so, what can I do to stop it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back