Defamation/Libel/Slander in regards to Sexual Harassment

Status
Not open for further replies.

shcnomore

Hospital in Arizona.

I believe 2 nurse managers told physicians and other staff that I had accused a doctor of sexual harassment. I did not. I used the term during an interview, with the 5th floor manager, to describe what other staff members had come to me and expressed. If these managers were interested in finding out what actually happened then why didn't they come to me and ask me what had happened. They never did that. My old manager lied and said that I had not applied to that floor. She wanted them to think that I didn't want to work there. She lied about my performance and told my new manager that I should work on a step-down unit. This is another lie because my supervisor told me that they had plans for me to become a supervisor after a year of being an RN. This made it very difficult for me to work on the unit. People treated me poorly. They would make little comments about PeiWei and sing/whistle little asian tunes. Everyone thought that I was being overlysensitive, but the bottome line is that if there is something in your work environment that makes you feel uncomfortable, then you should not be subjected to it.
My own manager even joined in with the PeiWei comment, denied it, had it brought out in a unit-wide investigation looking at the culture of this hospital unit, and finally admitted to it. This manager moved me to another campus against my will initially, had me try to function in a new environment, stopped holding the weekly meetings with me and my preceptor, put me on an investigatory suspension for arguing, and had me fired for not pulling off socks to check pedal pulses and listening to lung sounds on top of the pt gown instead of underneath the gown. Since then, I get the impression that they have accused me of stealing meds.
I have called the 5th floor manager, who said he did not know who I was and said he would now hang up. I have called the 6th floor manager who referred me to the legal dept, after telling her supervisor that she would answer any of my questions. The legal dept. keeps telling me that I just don't like their answer, which is not true.
They are not answering my questions. They will not show me what is in my file. They did not allow me to meet with an Executive Board member about my appeal, which they said they would do. My appeal had nothing to do with my termination. I just had questions about this hospital accusing me of accusing a doctor of sexual harassment. Nobody is telling me anything.
What do I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back