Declaratory Judgment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fang8888

Good Evening,

I need some guidance how to do.
I came to USA as refugee 20 years ago from Muslim country.
After 2 years my wife /lets call her wife #1/ sent divorce papers to me.
I got married second time in USA. When wife #2 divorced me. She destroyed ALL papers of first marriage.
1 year ago I got married third time. When I sent papers to get immigration visa for my wife.
Immigration office asked for all previous divorce certificates.I cannot go to my ex country to get papers.
I know its can be done if I ask a court in the U.S. to issue a declaratory judgment that it occurred (based on the fact of your second marriage and divorce, which presumed a prior, lawful divorce from wife # 1). And also my citizenship certificate shows "Divorced status".
The question is how I can get "declaratory judgment paper" ? How to open that case in US court?
Please guide me. All help is appreciated.

You might want to get the help of an immigration attorney.

You can hold & see if you get other replies.

Good Evening,

I need some guidance how to do.
I came to USA as refugee 20 years ago from Muslim country.
After 2 years my wife /lets call her wife #1/ sent divorce papers to me.
I got married second time in USA. When wife #2 divorced me. She destroyed ALL papers of first marriage.
1 year ago I got married third time. When I sent papers to get immigration visa for my wife.
Immigration office asked for all previous divorce certificates.I cannot go to my ex country to get papers.
I know its can be done if I ask a court in the U.S. to issue a declaratory judgment that it occurred (based on the fact of your second marriage and divorce, which presumed a prior, lawful divorce from wife # 1). And also my citizenship certificate shows "Divorced status".
The question is how I can get "declaratory judgment paper" ? How to open that case in US court?
Please guide me. All help is appreciated.

You have some potential legal land mines.

You might be committing bigamy.

You might not be legally married now, because you might not be legally divorced.

I suggest you speak to a local attorney.

A US Court can't just declare you divorced.

You need proof, lots of proof.

That proof must be properly translated into English, and authenticated.

You need the advice of an attorney.

Many things could be at risk, if you don't get things corrected and/or substantiated.

There is something of a complicating factor here - OP is from Afghanistan. I'm not sure how readily he would be able to obtain an attorney right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back