Debt Harrasment - How Do I Stop and or Sue them?

CaptainDump

Jurisdiction
Ontario
Hey everyone,

How's it going, I have a question about debt collections agencies. For the passed 3 years or longer I have been receiving phone calls from various collections agencies. I work during the night and sleep mainly during the day and they seem to love calling me and ruining my sleep.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that when they are calling me all the time, they are NOT looking for me, they are looking for someone else. I don't owe any money to any collections agency.

I had to unplug every single phone in my house and put a blocker on my cell phone just to get some decent sleep.

These companies only ever call using auto-dialers and when I call them back to tell them to stop harassing me I find out it's a different company. They put in their records that the person does not live here etc (or so they say). Then the calls will stop, until a few days later when a brand new collections agency will start calling once again looking for the same person who does not live here. Repeat, repeat, repeat and 3 years later, I just got off the phone with another one. I was demanding the name of their client but they would not give it to me.

Whoever their client is - I think they are intentionally harassing me. I consider it harassment and it affects my work and sleep as I work from home and am self-employed. The fact that they continue to call after I repeatedly had agencies put a note on my file that that person does not live here, yet they continue to persist.

The client is currently using a "privacy loophole" to continually target and harass me and my business. No collections agency will reveal the name of the client.

I need to know how to get the name of the client. I also need to know how to charge their company or management with something if possible, and I would also love to know if it was possible for me to sue them into bankruptcy. I record all my conversations with these chumps and have a little library of audio files now so I have proof that I told the agencies and proof they said they would take care of it.

Thanks so much!

Hey everyone,

How's it going, I have a question about debt collections agencies. For the passed 3 years or longer I have been receiving phone calls from various collections agencies. I work during the night and sleep mainly during the day and they seem to love calling me and ruining my sleep.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that when they are calling me all the time, they are NOT looking for me, they are looking for someone else. I don't owe any money to any collections agency.

I had to unplug every single phone in my house and put a blocker on my cell phone just to get some decent sleep.

These companies only ever call using auto-dialers and when I call them back to tell them to stop harassing me I find out it's a different company. They put in their records that the person does not live here etc (or so they say). Then the calls will stop, until a few days later when a brand new collections agency will start calling once again looking for the same person who does not live here. Repeat, repeat, repeat and 3 years later, I just got off the phone with another one. I was demanding the name of their client but they would not give it to me.

Whoever their client is - I think they are intentionally harassing me. I consider it harassment and it affects my work and sleep as I work from home and am self-employed. The fact that they continue to call after I repeatedly had agencies put a note on my file that that person does not live here, yet they continue to persist.

The client is currently using a "privacy loophole" to continually target and harass me and my business. No collections agency will reveal the name of the client.

I need to know how to get the name of the client. I also need to know how to charge their company or management with something if possible, and I would also love to know if it was possible for me to sue them into bankruptcy. I record all my conversations with these chumps and have a little library of audio files now so I have proof that I told the agencies and proof they said they would take care of it.

Thanks so much!

This story explains HOW some people begin their quest for the debt scavengers:

How to Stop Debt Collector Harassment - FindLaw

I suggest changing your numbers, and not giving them out (EXCEPT to trusted sources).

I use one PUBLIC number, while retaining FOUR private numbers.

OP is in Canada. He'll need to find a Canadian source/solution for his problem

As I said, it's a QUEST, much like the ones Don Quixite and Ponce de Leon waged. Borders don't matter, neither do solutions. Most of these on THAT quest "just gotta teach them debt scavengers a lesson".

hehe well it sure does feel like a quest that's for sure. I've been on this adventure for years apparently, lol.

I will look into something like the link you provided above thank you. I am sure there must be something similar up here.

This is such a ridiculous quest. I would at least understand if it was me they were looking for but it isn't so it's beyond ridiculous. Two silver linings for this I thought of though. 1 Each debt collector who calls here looking for someone else gets another failure for their business, probably doesn't look good. 2 Whoever keeps hiring these companies must be wasting a lot of money, lol.

Thanks all

Back