Debt Collector Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgrace101

I have recieved a few calls from a collections agency. They have seemed really shady from the start. I asked them last Friday to mail me all the information that they had on my account. I finally just got an email from them 5 days later. The only information that they could give me was my account number and my total balance after the fees and late charges. Is there any way that I can find out if they are truly a collections agency? Also I asked them not to call me anymore and to send everything through the mail and their manager told me to "understand this, you owe us money and we will NOT quit calling you." Can they do this???

Without more information, we cannot help you.

You are being very vague.

About 4 years ago I opened a bank account with Bank of America and I also got a credit card from them with a credit limit of $800. I ended up spending almost $780. And then I became sick and couldn't work, so therefore I couldn't pay my bill. I haven't heard anything about the bill since then. Then the other night i get a phone call from a debt collector. He told me that I owed $2660 and that I had to pay him that night or I would be sued. The phone conversation took place at 7pm. I was terrified because I knew that I couldn't afford that all at once. This is also the only thing on my credit. The debt colletor procced to yell at me and tell me that I couldn't make payments and that I was just going to be sued. I even offered to give him half of the money down now. Then I asked him if I could call him back so that I could call my father and he refused and told me that he thought that by now I would have already "gone to daddy to bail me out." i have never had a person talk to me the way this guy did. He kept reinforcing that I had to pay him that night. Finally I told him that I would call him the next day. Oh and when I asked him what the balance was on the account before all the extra fees he told me that he didn't know and that I probably had a credit limit of $1000.

Then two days later he called me again. So when I talked to them, I ended up on the phone with the manager. After I asked him to mail me all the documents that they had on my account I started to ask him to quit calling me and to correspond with me through the mail and he cut me off. The manager procced to tell me that I owed them money and that they would not quit calling me just because I asked. Now I don't know what to do or where to go from here? Someone please help me!!!

This was what happened prior to this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back