Debit Card fraud, but its been a year

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsJones25

Greetings,

Okay I'm going to try not to write a novel and keep it short and simple. I'm a college student graduating in December hopefully lol and money is tight.

In 2008 my now ex took my debit card and made a deposit at the ATM putting a blank envelope into the ATM :/ well at that time I was stupid and I didn't want the banks to come after me nor him and I didn't I want that on my credit. So I payed it off, it was close to $1,000 and when I sat down and talked to one of the employees at my bank I told her I didn't make the deposit and I wrote my pin on the back of my card which I didnt, I only said that so the police wouldn't get involved.

Its now Sept 2009 and he has yet to repay me, currently he's in trouble for theft of credit cards and receiving stolen property I don't know much about that case but I believe he has to pay the person back and the case is dismissed, its a 5th degree felony. The cost of that was about $2,000

So my question is, Is there anything I can do legally after all this time has passed. I don't think my bank would be helpful but then I have to prove it was him. I'm not sure if they have the security cameras but someone told me they usually keep them up to 5 years.

With these current charges and mine, if I have a case is it possible it would be easier to prove since he has a record

Thanks for any advice

I'd say sue him in small claims court but you may have an issue of knowing about what he did. After all, how did he know your PIN number? If you knew about it, then you might do best just letting it go since you cannot afford to go to court with "unclean hands."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back