Dearlerships crooks?

M

Mopardealership

Jurisdiction
Texas
Okay today at my Chrysler dodge ram and jeep dealer ship i was getting a car to do an oil change on (im a lube tech) and my service adviser told me to do this 2015 ram 5500 cummins single cab with a very long flat bed (had an extended frame and chassis) and do the diesel oil change. After walking to the back of our very over crowded paking lot and found this truck i went back to my advicer and told her i did not feel like i could drive the truck up here due to its length without causing damage. She said she didnt care amd that i needed to get the truck and do the oil change. I went and drove it up doing below the posted 5 mph speed limit and pulled it into the drive. (Our service department is connected to the back of the sales Department) the truck was too long to fit in between the two departments so i parked it along side our shop and informed my advicer... She told me to just take it to the diesel shop in the rear of the parking lot to see if i could use one of their lifts. I drove the truck threw the maze of cars to the diesal shop and the diesel techs just told me to do the oil change on the hot asphalt ( i live in san antonio , tx ) so i just did it so i could get rid of this truck. So i ended up doing the diesel oil change in front of the diesel shop on the asphalt. After i finally finished i cleaned up my tools and trash and started to move the truck back to the original spot that the truck was in. As i drove down the main row of the parking lot i tried to turn down the aisle that went down behind our service shop i tried to take the turn wide but ended up pulling a bumper off a car. I immediately put the truck in park and looked at the damage then went and got my shop foreman. He told me to move the truck -_- and park it. I told him it would be better if someone else moved it, but he told me just to do it. Then to meet him in the office. In the office he asked for my id and started to fill out paper work and faxed it out. Then told me to clock out and go to our Medical place to get drug tested. I didnt have a ride so he ended up taking me ( was pretty rude about it) and saying he would just drop me off and i should get a ride from there. I told it i didnt have a ride till 8pm and he said he would just wait if it didnt take to long (5:30) i took the drug test he he took me back to the dealership, but he said that i would more than likely have to pay for all the damage. So my question is can they really make me pay for it here in texas or can i refuse to? If i do could they rightfully fire me? I have a 2 month old baby and already barly getting buy and he said they will devide the cost of repairs onto 1/4s and hammer me four weeks in a row (we are paid weekly) till the damage it paid off. Can they do this? I haven't signed anything yet and i need help.

I suggest you visit a lawyer and ask her or him.
Texas law doesn't allow what will be done to you, but your employer doesn't seem to care.

Without written authorization from the employee, The Texas Pay Day Act allows an employer to make deductions only if they are ordered by a court (child support payments) or authorized by state or federal law (income tax withholding). All other deductions must be in writing and signed by the employee.

You can contact this agency, but don't expect fast, efficient help:
Welcome to Texas Workforce Commission | Texas Workforce Commission

Allowable Deductions Under the FLSA

Back