Dealing with Collection Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Optimus

Last year Citibank sold my $6000 credit card debt to Academy Services. For the first few months I didn't deal with them. After months of messages and letters, I decided to call and see if I could make payment arrangements. So far I've paid them $1000 or so. Previously I was able to pay, $300 a month but my situation as changed and I can't afford those payments anymore. When I suggested lowering the payments, I was told it wasn't possible. Nightly I'm recieving calls at home making threats of lawsuits, people coming to my apartment to take photos (assuming they're trying to see how I live) and being downright nasty. I don't want to deal with these people anymore, I'd almost rather be sued. I'm thinking of writing a cease and desist letter and am wondering what happens if they do go ahead and sue. I'm wondering how much can be garnished from my paycheck, and just what will happen in general?

Any advice or insights would be appreciated. Thanks...

:) ....my advice to you is to record the threats and use that against them.Collection Agency are not suppose to make threats.Third party collection is always suppose to Id them self as being with a collection firm.A collection agency is always suppose to state mini miranda.It states this is that this is a attempt to collect a debt any info attain will be used for that purpose.They either suppose to say it before the phone call or after and you should hear it .Anytime they dont thats one violation.And it really dont sound like a collection agency would be taking pictures and things.This maybe something else.You need to go and read the rule of the Faid Debt Collection.
www.ftc.gov/bcp/online/pubs/credit/fdc.htm...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back