Dealer misrepresented warranty

Anorris

Jurisdiction
Texas
Bought my first new car three months ago. When purchasing, I specifically asked for the Subaru extended warranty. What I got was a third party warranty through a company owned by the same guy that owns the dealership at twice the price. I just figured out what had happened this weekend when another Subaru dealer couldn't find any record of my extended warranty. I intend on canceling and attempting to get a refund, but people are complaining that the check never comes even months later. What kind of lawyer do I need to ensure this is made right? Do I even have a case?

Thanks,
Anthony.

Any lawyer that handles business or contracts to whom you are willing to pay about $300 per hour.

As to whether you have a case or not depends on what the contract says about cancellation and refunds.

Bought my first new car three months ago. When purchasing, I specifically asked for the Subaru extended warranty. What I got was a third party warranty through a company owned by the same guy that owns the dealership at twice the price. I just figured out what had happened this weekend when another Subaru dealer couldn't find any record of my extended warranty. I intend on canceling and attempting to get a refund, but people are complaining that the check never comes even months later. What kind of lawyer do I need to ensure this is made right? Do I even have a case?

Thanks,
Anthony.
What kind of lawyer? For what? Nothing has occurred yet that would indicate that you need an attorney.

Do you have a case? A case for what? In general, I don't see any case for the warranty you were sold, because you had every opportunity to review your contract before signing it. There is also no case yet about your cancellation of the contract.

Back