Daycare issues..

Status
Not open for further replies.

chasity

I am trying to get info. on what I can possibly do with my daycare on various issues from bad business practices, to money issues, to care of children and children teacher ratio. Let me start with them not arriving to open daycare at stated time, an hour and 2 minutes late and this is the 3rd. time. I have already personally talked to them before on this topic. Now, the care of the kids, my son had a swollen red large bump come up on his right inner thigh to the point that it was affecting the way he was walking, and had they checked his temp. they would have known he was running a fever, but noone called me or my husband, so after picking him up and seeing this abcess on his leg,we took him to the emer. room in which he was hospitalized and put on IV for 3 days. He had contracted a highly contagious bacterial staff infection also know as staph. And after we got all the info on it and he went back to daycare we asked the owners to send a letter home to other parents about this infection, they refused. Then I find out that he was not the first person there to get it, and he has since gotten it on 4 other occasions. Another parent took medicine to them for them to give to her child for him not to get any sicker than he already was, they never even gave him the medicine like they were asked to do. Now to the child/teacher ratio, I stopped in yesterday to find that all of my 2 year olds class including their teacher, and my 3 mo. old infants class were asleep, and the infant's teacher is the daughter of the owner of the daycare- she had went to pick up her mother and they were just getting back when I was pulling in. So there was that 1 teacher in that building with at least 10 kids. That is just the tip of the iceberg! I am at my wits end with these people. I have been trying to do the research on my own but come up with nothing. I know they are not doing right and I need to know what legal options I have. Thank you so much for your advice.

You can file a complaint with the state board that regulates daycare providers. That is a start.

Secondly, I would submit a written notice of cancellation and start looking for other daycare.

What is "chasity"?

Just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back