Dateline News Article Detrimental to business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Insure

I am seeking advise on an issue that Dateline NBC had last night. The show was about Equity Indexed Annuities. The show was totally one sided and didn't refer to the good within the product. They had an Alabama prosecutor telling people that no one should buy this product. The whole article was a negative portrayol of the product. They ended the article with a febal old man telling people he lost everything and not to buy this product. I agree with the underlying reason for the show; however the show was poorly written and did not show both sides. This has already impact our business because clients look at Dateline as a repitable source for information. What are our legal recources.

This is not legal Advice!

You should Address this issue with the above company and tell them your side of the debate, there are lot's of business that get a bad deal in the press. It is down to individuals to choose what is right and wrong, many organisations get bad press but it dose not stop the wheels turning for example, dose the bad press of crime, stop crime? Dose the bad press of drug dealing, stop the dealers? Dose bad press stop Lawyers? Umm, you may be a bit apprehensive here as any press good or bad is free advertising, in my book.
I have watched dateline and must say i love the show, I know you do not but life is all about opinions!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back