Date of Credit

Thom 19

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
I was served with an Emergency PFA and am waiting on my hearing date. My lawyer entered into an agreement to keep the PFA a temporary PFA for 6 months. Does the 6 months start from the time the emergency PFA was filed or does it start from the date of the hearing? I believe I should be credited with the time I have already been serving under the PFA. Any help with this answer is greatly appreciated.

Your lawyer is the one you should be asking.

But my guess is that the period starts the day the order was signed by the judge and entered into the court records.

Question: At the end of the 6 months, whenever it starts, do you plan to contact (and bother) the person who filed it (who apparently wants nothing to do with you)? Because that would be incredibly stupid and probably result with a permanent PFA.

Your lawyer is the one you should be asking.

But my guess is that the period starts the day the order was signed by the judge and entered into the court records.

Question: At the end of the 6 months, whenever it starts, do you plan to contact (and bother) the person who filed it (who apparently wants nothing to do with you)? Because that would be incredibly stupid and probably result with a permanent PFA.

I have no desire to contact the person, but I do not want this person to have the ability to try and set me up while this is an order. I am trying to protect myself from this vindictive person. This is not a question of contacting the person this is a question of getting credit for the time I have on this PFA.

Yours is a question that only your lawyer is likely to be able to answer (and certainly the only person who can provide an answer on which you should rely).

Once all the legal hearings, etc., are done, wait a long time before attempting contact...50-100 years

Back