Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Database question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tridder

How long do you stay in the retail theft database. My friends stole dvd's at a major retail store while I was a. Lookout. This happened in 2002 in tx. I did not get charged by the police but the LP took my picture and info, so assuming i was put in a database. I just got a job offer from another store and they stated I had to wait for my background check and retail theft check to come back. I know it is not on my back ground check because I was never charged by police and I currently hold a secret clearance, but I am a little concerned that I may be in a retail theft database.
Also do you know what databases different stores use. Maybe I will get lucky and they don't use the same database:)

In general (no guarantees) you stay in database for about 7 years before you drop off. However normanjr is our resident expert on these databases so you might wait for him to find this topic and reply. He may ask you to Pm him info. Since he is a trusted member it is safe to give him this info

Pm me the name of the store with spaces between the letters.

Also the databases have strict guidelines. The store must be able to prove your involvement with either a signed confession or a guilty finding in court. Also they would have to verify the information to make sure it was you.

If you send me the name of the store you were caught and the store you applied to I can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back