dangerous dog

Status
Not open for further replies.

jyoung1077

My dog got in a scuffle with a neighbors dog and bit the neighbors dog. He ran through the electric fence into the street. He was taken away by animal control on a charge of "animal running at large". When we talked to the neighbor he said he was fine, he wasn't bitten, the dog had no interest in him and his dog had some bite marks but seemed to be ok. They did not take him to the vet. "No harm, no foul" were the neighbors exact words. The report filed by the neighbor was the complete opposite and stated that the man was bit on the foot, the dog was bit, down in the culdasac (about 4 houses away) and that their dog was a small black dag. After we read the report, we confronted the neighbor again. We asked if they could call the officer to clear up, that our dog did not bite the man, like the report stated. This time the wife said our dog tried to bite her husband on the leg and because he had pants on, teeth didn't go through. She said her dog seemed lathargic, depressed and he started limping. The did not take it to the vet. A couple days later later my wife went back to the neighbors to see if the report had been cleared up. Now the neighbor said they had to take the dog to the vet for emergancy surgery, because he had oozing infections. The next day the office tells up they pressed more charges and want something done with the dog. Now we have to register the dog as a dangerous dog, keep him in a secure contained area, and put up beware of dog signs. Or we have to have him uthanized. Is there anything that can be done to fight thier claims. We have received 4 different stories between the neighbor, his wife and the officer. It all doesn't add up and I don't think an inocent dog should die because somebody cant tell the truth.

I am not a legal expert but a user/participant like yourself. I recently posted about a dangerous dog situation in NY. Like yourself my dog got out and nipped my neighbor's dog also. But I did have to go to court, I retained a lawyer but my dog was declared dangerous. I have posted my own question regarding this here, the link is http://www.thelaw.com/forums/showthread.php?p=44739#post44739 I am hoping to find out whether or not the restrictions placed on me is just for my town of the entire state. I have not been able to find anyone including my lawyer who can tell me. I am not a legal expert but it does not seem as though it would be for the entire state. I base this on the fact that if I lived in the next town over, the restrictions or the towns laws regarding dogs are not the same. If I can be of any help to you because I did recently experience the same situation and did go to court, please feel free to contact me.

people like that soooo piss me off..all the dog is doing is minding its own bizzo,then you get people that wants to see animal or should i say dogs on death row..what i no is that person that the dog was pose to have bitten have to give a medical report before the court if they dont have a medical report they can do any thing to the dog..im no lawyer..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back