Cyberstalking

Suzzy Gonzalez

Jurisdiction
New York
I have been cyberstalked, harassed for the past ten years straight to this day. It is possible, this is an old boyfriend but I am not entirely sure. I have recently just found out, my android phone has been rooted/hacked. My email, bank and credit card accounts has all been compromised. Previously, my whereabouts were posted where I was being cyberharrassed on Craigslist Missed Connections, where I thought I was being stalked physically. The old boyfriend lives in Atlanta GA and I live in New York.

Your other post has been deleted as a duplicate. You need only post in one thread here for the topic.

Have you reported all this to the police?

I have been cyberstalked, harassed for the past ten years straight to this day. It is possible, this is an old boyfriend but I am not entirely sure. I have recently just found out, my android phone has been rooted/hacked. My email, bank and credit card accounts has all been compromised. Previously, my whereabouts were posted where I was being cyberharrassed on Craigslist Missed Connections, where I thought I was being stalked physically. The old boyfriend lives in Atlanta GA and I live in New York.
Did you own the phone at any time while you were still in contact with the old boyfriend?
Did you have a specific question?

Yes I owned the phone, all throughout this time. At the time, I didn't know my phone was being hacked as I was led to believe I was being stalked physically whenever he would post my whereabouts via Craigslist. I had just figured out my phone was hacked and that was how I was being stalked. As at the same time my bank accounts online were being compromised. I went to the police ten years ago when this whole thing had started but filed the complaint against a recent ex who informed me while we were together, 2 individuals contacted him via Facebook, a male and female about me, slandering me but this ex would not tell me who it was and I broke up with him thereafter for other reasons. I tried contacting the later boyfriend about the cyber stalking but he refused to inform me if anything. I also contacted the 'stalking' ex boyfriend but he always hangs up the phone on me. There is something odd where everyone refuses to spill the beans but yet, I am still being cyber stalked every single day. I am beyond the point of being fed up here and want all of this to end. I have tried ignoring but then my bank accounts are compromised so my only recourse is taking legal action.

Yes I owned the phone, all throughout this time. At the time, I didn't know my phone was being hacked as I was led to believe I was being stalked physically whenever he would post my whereabouts via Craigslist. I had just figured out my phone was hacked and that was how I was being stalked. As at the same time my bank accounts online were being compromised. I went to the police ten years ago when this whole thing had started but filed the complaint against a recent ex who informed me while we were together, 2 individuals contacted him via Facebook, a male and female about me, slandering me but this ex would not tell me who it was and I broke up with him thereafter for other reasons. I tried contacting the later boyfriend about the cyber stalking but he refused to inform me if anything. I also contacted the 'stalking' ex boyfriend but he always hangs up the phone on me. There is something odd where everyone refuses to spill the beans but yet, I am still being cyber stalked every single day. I am beyond the point of being fed up here and want all of this to end. I have tried ignoring but then my bank accounts are compromised so my only recourse is taking legal action.
Again, what is your specific question?

No, that is not your only recourse. Your first step should be to replace your phone. Get a new phone with a different carrier and a new phone number.
Once that is done, I would suggest that you get new bank accounts at a new bank.
At the same time as these two steps, I would suggest that you withdraw from social media.

EDIT: I didn't say it above, but you should destroy the old phone. Don't recycle it.

What is the best recourse in resolving this, for once and for all? Is it best to get a lawyer and/ private investigator? I ask because this has been neverending as my stalker has been relentless in all this. Thank you

What is the best recourse in resolving this, for once and for all? Is it best to get a lawyer and/ private investigator? I ask because this has been neverending as my stalker has been relentless in all this. Thank you
You don't even know who your stalker is.
Take the steps indicated above. They will go a long way to mitigating this problem.

Back