Custodial parent being denied childrens' legal documents

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeast0108

I live in Missouri

My exwife might live in Wisconsin or Pennslyvania (or China for all I know)

My son was born in Wisconsin

My daughter was born in Missouri

I have physical custody of my two children. My ex wife is allowed every other weekend visitation but has not seen the kids in almost a year (August 3rd 2009 makes a year).

The kids are starting school this year (my son in kindergartin my daughter in preschool) and they need birth certificates and social security cards on file with the school. My ex wife had these documents but would not surrender either ss card or my daughter's birth certificate to me so I had to try and get copies from the state. When requesting my daughter's birth certificate I was told I could not get it because my name is not on it. Finally I was able to show my divorce and custody papers stating I am the legal and custodial parent and I got her birth certificate. When my daughter was born, because we were not married until after her birth, I had to sign paperwork stating I was the father and that I was not disputing paternity as well as sign for her birth certificate. I did this and made sure myself it was turned in, how is it that I am still not on her birth certificate even though I have been recognized by the court and awarded custody?

After recieving the birth certificate I went to request ss cards for my son and daughter. I was told at the ss administration that their records show I am not listed on EITHER birth certificate. I have my son's original birth certificate and it clearly lists my name as father. Again, how is this even possible?

I was told that before I could receive ss cards for them I would have to amend the birth cerificates to include my name. In order to do this I have to sign and my ex wife has to sign. I have no address or phone number for her at this time. She has lived in 3 different states in the past year and a half and has had her phone shut off. She has not called even to talk to the kids in about 2 months now. What can I do at this point? How do I amend my daughter's without even having a clue where my ex wife is and how do I prove my name is on my son's?

I am so confused at this point that ANY help would be appriciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back