curriculum changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

m12345678

Hello, I would like to find out more about suing a online training company. I have been studying with the company for a year. Major changes to the curriculum have been made twice since starting the course.

As far as I was concerned I had completed the coursework. I soon find out from another student who also believed he had finished the course, that there is more course work, resulting from curriculum changes. It is unfair to impose these changes when they do not inform the students of them. their system appears to be untrustworthy and unprofessional. I feel like I have been scammed! How can I be sure that there isn't going to be another curriculum change that will impose more work, just to delay my graduation.

I have spoken to the training company and they haven't given any justifiable reason to why these major changes apply to student who are already enrolled. In my opinion the changes should only apply to new students.

They refuse to refund the course fee which was £800. They also refuse to give me the certificate without completing the extra coursework that they have imposed.

Do I have a any rights in this matter? and can an examination boards keep imposing curriculum changes to enrolled students? I feel as if the course was falsely advertised and if I had known that the curriculum is, what it is now, then I would not of made the decision to study it.

Please offer me some advice.

Thanks

Normally curriculum changes only apply to new students. Your curriculum requirements should have been set when you began the program.
You will need to work this out with the school.
If you try to seek a legal resolution your best hope is likely only a partial refund of what you paid.
Try to gather together with other students who have been similarly effected by the changes and go in unison to the school with your complaint.

Thank you for your reply. I can't get other students to object to this situation as it's an online training school. I only know one other student from the course and he lives pretty far away from me. I have spoken to the school and they have offered a free course worth £200 as a goodwill gesture. However I refuse to study another course with them because of the inconsistency within their system. I'm going to make an appointment with Citizen Advise Bureau to see what they propose. The Training school has its own examination board. They run as two different companies but have more or less the same staff. Their decisions as an awarding company and a training company just don't seem very well thought out. It appears as if the curriculum changes that they are imposing on all students financially benefit them, rather than the educational needs of their students.

The CAB can be extremely helpful in explaining whether or not there's a viable case to be had.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back