CUNY law suit

dfog

I am a transfer student at a CUNY college. Each semester there is a problem with my financial aid for which I have to fight tooth and nail to make sure it comes through. I have been given many excuses and always offered the "solution" to take out a student loan. This semester is no different . Again my financial aid is being held up; I get a variety of excuses as to why. At one point I submitted the same form 4 different times because they claimed it had never been submitted. After weeks of fighting to be allowed to attend class while awaiting financial aid approval , I was told today that : two years ago I did not submit my declaration of a major form so I am not eligible for financial aid. They apparently have lost the form but refuse to admit this or have invented a new reason to not give me my aid. I obviously submitted the major declaration form because my financial aid has been going through...albeit slowly in the past. They have told me I am responsible for making sure I have submitted all my paperwork and therefor this is my error. I was offered again a student loan. Other excuses I was given today and In the past: that my GPA was zero so I'm not eligible. I am on the deans list so I fought to clear that up. I was also told I have no transfer credits then told I do have credits but less that what I had been previously told. At every turn I am told to take out a student loan. I have been very responsible in following up with my paperwork as I am on the offices once and twice a week on top of them to secure my aid.
I feel they are trying to manipulate my situation so that I stay there longer and take out student loans rather than graduate this spring. If I had not fought these past semesters I would now be in debt. Can I sue them for losing my paperwork and misrepresenting the cause for delays in my financial aid ?

No, you can't sue even if they are/were in the wrong. You need to keep fighting - good luck to you.

Back