CRJ Major/ Prospective Law school student

Status
Not open for further replies.

quuen

I wanted to know if anyone knows of any scholarships or grants provided to Criminal Justice Majors, or anything of the sort. My GPA is a 3.87. Scholarships like the Bill Gates scholarship disgusts me. There are millions and millions of scholarships for "minorities". Why cant there be scholarships for single WHITE students who just dont have the funds. I do get financial aid and take out over 7500 in loans every year, but its still not enough. I appreciate any suggestions.

Your answer-

fastweb

:)
Otherwise, you might want to check with the law school of your choice. Usually each school ahs a number of tuition assistance programs set up that include scholarships. Have you taken the LSAT yet? If I'm not mistaken, you can gain a great deal from high scores on that as well.

Hope this helps,
jM;)

First and foremost, thank you for your reply and time. Ive been using fastweb for a while now. Ive still got another 2 years for my Bachelor's. Im aware the higher the scores the better. My school actually grants a bunch of people a full scholarship to St. John's Law School. The problem is I need money to finish my 4 year degree first.

What other Law schools are in the area of New York?

In the New York City area the are several schools -- Hofstra, New York Law, Brooklyn Law, New York University Law, Columbia, Cardozo, Fordham, and Queens College Law, which I think covers most in the New York City area, not NJ.

Do you know anyone that would like to sponsor the education of a bright prospective lawyer? :D

You might try doing an internship with a firm in your area or in the area you want to be. Sometimes these internships are paid. That's not to say they are better, however, when you receive money you also take on many a burden you may be able to avoid otherwise. If you prove to be something that firm desires, it's not unheard of for the firm to aid your progress one way or another. Additionally, if you do very well it is likely that firm will write you a letter of recommendation to get into law school. This in itself is very valuable.

I'd love to do an internship, know anyone who wants to babysit for free? :D Its tough because being in school fulltime and being a full time single mother is hard. I really cant take on a job right now, otherwise i would have to quit school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back