Criminal Records, Expungement Criminal record on file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBlack

In 1992, I was charged with 4 counts P.C. 484F which is a felony. The other person involved had more counts on the charges and was sent to jail. I did not go to jail although my bail amount indicates $1.00 on court documents? I pleaded guilty to 1 count and was sentenced to 3 year probation & 200 hrs. of community service. I completed the probation & community service and have put it all behind me for many years now. I was young & foolish then.

Since then I have had a couple of jobs where background checks were conducted & my record does not show up? First check was conducted in 1993 & the second one in 1999. Is it possible that it never did go on my record? In the court docket, the last entry is dated 5/19/92: Indeterminate sentence. shoet completed? Also, I would like to apply for my citizenship - will this get in the way?

Please advise.

Last edited:
It's hard to say. Perhaps it will get caught when applying for citizenship but it's difficult to say. I'm not sure what can be done about this and probably best to consult with an immgration attorney before proceeding just to make sure. They would know whether one agency might be more thorough than another.

JBlack said:
In 1992, I was charged with 4 counts P.C. 484F which is a felony. The other person involved had more counts on the charges and was sent to jail. I did not go to jail although my bail amount indicates $1.00 on court documents? I pleaded guilty to 1 count and was sentenced to 3 year probation & 200 hrs. of community service. I completed the probation & community service and have put it all behind me for many years now. I was young & foolish then.

Since then I have had a couple of jobs where background checks were conducted & my record does not show up? First check was conducted in 1993 & the second one in 1999. Is it possible that it never did go on my record? In the court docket, the last entry is dated 5/19/92: Indeterminate sentence. shoet completed? Also, I would like to apply for my citizenship - will this get in the way?

Please advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back