Criminal Law criminal conviction

Status
Not open for further replies.

chappa

i am a british citizen. iwas concicted of attempted fraus 1 year ago..I ama GP and wrote a prescription for some mundane medication for tummy upset and joint pains i was having, in the name of a pateint as i had no time to see my own doctor.the pharmacist was suspicious of the prescription and called the police, i was arrested, appeared befor magistrate court next day and was fined 250 pounds.
i want to emigrate to the usa. we were living in the us for 2 years . my husband had H1 and i had H4.the above happended when iwas on vacation in the uk last year during my stay in the us.
my questions are is the above conviction likely to affect my im,migration process
can i travel to the usa for short periods visa free. if i need a visa and dont obtain one what will happen
can i get get my conviction reversed in the uk as i feel very sorry about what happened, it was through laziness and time constraint and will affect my career
please help

The basic rule is: If you are convicted for a crime of "moral turpitude" you will not be allowed to enter the United States again and will not be able to receive an immigrant visa.

If the crime involves controlled substances the alien is also inadmissible.

Now, there is an exception to the first rule: If the crime was punishable only with one year in jail or less and you have been sentenced for less than half a year in jail an exception from the inadmissibility rule is applicable. This exception is NOT applicable for crimes involving controlled substances.

Therefore three issues have to be discussed:

-is your crime classified as a "crime of moral turpitude"?

-what was the maximum possible sentence for that crime under the law? Was it one year of jail or less?

-did the crime involve "controlled substances" as defined in 102 CSA.

Since this is a pretty serious problem you should consult with an immigration attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back