Criminal Law Crimes by Foreign Service Nationals & U.S. Jurisdiction ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarinaCisneros

I am wondering where a U.S. Citizen, FSN (Foreign Service National, employed at a U.S. Embassy abroad), would be indicted / tried back in the U.S., if there was evidence of felonies committed by this person, in the U.S. Embassy in which they work? If one was not indicted, and instead some "arrangement" was made, and the person lost job/pension/professional license, but was not tried or convicted, would such an arrangement ever be made public information? Lastly, would any of the process not be public information, if the removal or termination of the FSN's was the direct result of an O.I.G. (Office of Inspector General) State Department investigation into the ongoings at the U.S. Embassy? If you knew the legal name of one of the individuals, is there any reason researching such a "case" would be any different than researching any other criminal case?

hasn't this question been asked and answered before? It sounds very familiar. May be you use the search button

Not Exactly...

No, not exactly. A similar question was asked. I am interested in what would happen to a FSN back in the U.S., but people answered the question dealing with diplomatic immunity and such - assuming my question dealt with what would happen or not happen to them abroad, in the country of the U.S. Embassy. My questions are abour crimes committed by U.S. government employees, in U.S. embassies, and where the jurisdiction is for such a thing in Court, assuming the Embassy is sovereign territory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back