Creditors Closing In...Please Help For Me And My Dad

Status
Not open for further replies.

daniel622

I need help. A Sheriff came with a "Summons To Appear In Court". I live in Osceola County in Orlando, FL., zip code 34743. I owe about $3,500 dollars and want to pay but all I can pay a is $25.00 a month because I am not working due to health issues (back, foot and hand). I told the law firm who filed the summons all of this and they said they could only accept a minimum of $100.00 a month and that I would have to tell the judge that I can only pay $25.00 a month. I live with my father. I DO NOT own a car/boat/jewelry/real estate property or anything else of value. The only things of value where I live belong to my father. The T.V.'s and furniture are all his. He pays the rent and all the utilities (If he hadn't let me stay they there, I would be homeless, basically. Even the things in the room where I sleep are all his including the laptop I am typing this on which stays in my room so I can check my dads emails and contact family for him with it. It is in my room because he does not know how to use it. My question is can the judge decide that the creditor can take possesions from my fathers home that are his. My father has some old comics that may be of value and I could never forgive myself if the sheriff's came and turned my dad's apartment upsidedown and took his belongings, including those comics of his all because of my irresponsibility years ago. As I said, I want to pay $25.00 a month since it is all I can pay and of course if I ever get my hands on some more I would give from that, too. I just want to put this all behind me. Please help. Any advice is GREATLY APPRECIATED AND SORELY NEEDED!!!! Thank You So Much In Advance

Last edited:
25.00 will take forevever to pay off. You need to either get some sort of employment or go on disability. I have no idea whether the sherrif can seize property but 25.00 a month is not a reasonable offer. You cannopt be unemployed forever. It's time to look into disability or some sort of work you are capable of doing.

I -AM- looking for work...but it is difficult. I'll sit in a corner while rich people spit at me if they'll pay me to do it. Looking for work is not the problem. Getting hired is. When they see my walk and how my hand curls up they politely say "We just hired someone, sorry we should have taken that ad down yesterday." With all due respect I feel hurt that you would assume the worst about me without walking a mile in my shoes. But instead of assuming things and trying to make me feel bad, you could have offered some sort of idea. I'm looking for a contribution of advice. I didn't post this to be talked down to. That call for help you read was my very first post and because of the reaction I got, I am quickly gaining a negative opinion about this site. I hope that I'm wrong.

Why are you not collecting disability? Most states are very helpful if you are unemployed. Most states will try and train you in a trade or help in some sort of way. I live in RI and I was having a rough time last year and was unemployed for 8 months. I was about to get free schooling at a college in a tech trade which would have cost 1500 if I had to pay of out of pocket. I found a job though. Make an effort to contact the state and they will try and help you.

I -AM- looking for work...but it is difficult. I'll sit in a corner while rich people spit at me if they'll pay me to do it. Looking for work is not the problem. Getting hired is. When they see my walk and how my hand curls up they politely say "We just hired someone, sorry we should have taken that ad down yesterday." With all due respect I feel hurt that you would assume the worst about me without walking a mile in my shoes. But instead of assuming things and trying to make me feel bad, you could have offered some sort of idea. I'm looking for a contribution of advice. I didn't post this to be talked down to. That call for help you read was my very first post and because of the reaction I got, I am quickly gaining a negative opinion about this site. I hope that I'm wrong.

See what the judge says.

I don't see where you are wrong in red. You should not be talked down to because of a disability and are having financial problems. I sympathize.

You made a reasonable offer. Look at your states laws under "contracts". Everything in America is based on some form of contract. The lawyer rejected your first offer, and made a counter offer. You seem to have rejected his offer, and now you can make a new offer. Say, $30/month. This will look good to the judge.

Even if the judge says to pay, let's say $250/month, which you can't afford, all you have to do is make a min. payment. This way they cannot come back and say"he stopped making payments". As you can rebut""I''m paying what I can, It may not be much, but I am making payments.".

It also looks good to the judge that you are making a effort to find work. I had to do that when I asked the state for help me pay for schooling in a trade. What type of experience do you have? Many people who have physical disabilities go into customer service which is very easy to get into.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back