Coworker Defamation

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyc0102

Last week, a coworker of mine that was unhappy with me sent me, my manager as well as our company manager an email. Within this email, she said many things. of the things she stated, several was targeted for me as my name was clearly named. She stated that I ignored my supervisor's request to train her. This is untrue as I have provided her many notes on things she needed to know as well as spending the time with her to train her. Also, she also stated that I have created a very hostile work environment for her but give no specific support. She said that I have been acting very snooty towards her and other people of the company but no specific examples. I know her and I have not gotten along, but I have never did or say anything to her. Just went to work and got my work done. For her to send this email to both of my manager and my general manager I am very upset because I don't know the visible or invisible effect this email could have on the way my manager or the company view my performance, etc. Is this defamation of character?? If so, what can I do legally? If my employer decides not to take action even though she has made such comments about my character, what can I do to ensure my rights as a worker too??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back