Covering legal bases?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladybugs4me

I am considering building a website which is "targeted," for the lack of a better way of putting it, to those who simply wish to talk to a compassionate, caring person. The website would list a telephone number and a sign-in daily schedule. The sign-in would be for "nicknames" only, for privacy purposes. I would set it up with PayPal, or something similar in order to assure payment. I would have a disclaimer which informs the reader that I am NOT a professional counselor, that my service is likened to talking to a friend, ONLY. I would also post that I reserve the right to terminate the conversation at any time and list a non-inclusive list of circumstances which may warrant termination of a conversation. I would also state that any conversational content such as suicidal/homicidal content or threat(s) will be reportable to the proper authorities. I believe there is a need for this service. What areas of legality will need to be addressed. Is this idea a potential legal nightmare? :eek: :no: :confused: :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back