Covenants & Restrictions for HOA

Status
Not open for further replies.

TS393

I am having issues with my RV that is parked on my 2 acre lot in my sub-division

In my sub-division there is a C & R that states :
Property is to be used for one single family free standing dwelling.
No trailer, tents, shacks, barns, nor any form of temporary residence should reside on the lot.

The C & R doesn't state anywhere anything about RV's/motorhomes etc.
Since no one lives in my RV is it really considered a residence? It is moved weekly and is only going to be parked in my driveway 6 months out of year....... Am I screwed. Please advise. Thanks for the insight in advance.

also, what can they do to enforce if I don't abide if I am in violation?

Steve

What they can do if you violate the CC&Rs is explained in them. Usually they can assess a fine PER DAY of violation, for example $ 25 per day. And many of them love to do that and will pursue it to the utmost, there have been many cases where the HOA actually obtained liens on the houses for the payment of those fines.

Regarding the RV, I fear that they will probably prevail, because a RV is a form of temporary residence. It does not matter according to your quote if it is actually used as such or not. BTW, usually those CC&Rs also contain a provision about vehicles parking, so you might also have trouble there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back