Court House Leaked Complaint/Summons Before Defendants Were Notified

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorty1

Complaint and Summons filed with District Court on Monday, 11/25/13 against local government officials for numerous public records violations dating back to July, September, and October 2013.

One day later, on Tuesday, 11/26/13, most of the requested records "magically appeared" in my post office box sent by an unnamed individual via certified mail.

However, the Complaint and Summons were not served until Saturday, 11/30/13. (There is no way it should have taken so; we live in a tiny town and the Sheriff has nothing better to do. I believe the delay was intentional to allow Defendant's time to provide the public records.)

Clearly, someone inside the District Court leaked the fact to one or more of the defendant's that a Complaint and been filed and Summons issued.

Did the court house leaker violate any criminal or civil statutes?

Complaint and Summons filed with District Court on Monday, 11/25/13 against local government officials for numerous public records violations dating back to July, September, and October 2013.

One day later, on Tuesday, 11/26/13, most of the requested records "magically appeared" in my post office box sent by an unnamed individual via certified mail.

However, the Complaint and Summons were not served until Saturday, 11/30/13. (There is no way it should have taken so; we live in a tiny town and the Sheriff has nothing better to do. I believe the delay was intentional to allow Defendant's time to provide the public records.)

Clearly, someone inside the District Court leaked the fact to one or more of the defendant's that a Complaint and been filed and Summons issued.

Did the court house leaker violate any criminal or civil statutes?

First of all, you are supposing or presuming.

You can't prove anything.

Even if you could prove what you're presuming, why would it matter?

I see a coincidence, but i see nothing criminal.

I also see nothing unethical.

If you believe laws were broken, or ethics guidelines were violated, complain to law enforcement, motion the court, or file a complaint with teh state bar association.

Unless you know who did what and when, all of this is meaningless.

First of all, you are supposing or presuming.

You can't prove anything.

Even if you could prove what you're presuming, why would it matter?

I see a coincidence, but i see nothing criminal.

I also see nothing unethical.

If you believe laws were broken, or ethics guidelines were violated, complain to law enforcement, motion the court, or file a complaint with teh state bar association.

Unless you know who did what and when, all of this is meaningless.

Only a fool believes in coincidences. The question was posted because I do not know if laws were broken or ethics guidelines were violated - that is my question.

It matters because one Defendant is now MIA - how convenient.

Only a fool believes in coincidences. The question was posted because I do not know if laws were broken or ethics guidelines were violated - that is my question.

It might also be said that only a fool wouldn't contact an attorney if s/he had suspicions of wrongdoing ;)

It might also be said that only a fool wouldn't contact an attorney if s/he had suspicions of wrongdoing ;)

Is not the purpose of this web site to give assistance and answer questions of others?

My question was a simple one; is it okay for Court House workers to tip-off Defendant's before they are served?

Doesn't the notion that I should contact an attorney to ask my question make this site useless?

Is not the purpose of this web site to give assistance and answer questions of others?

My question was a simple one; is it okay for Court House workers to tip-off Defendant's before they are served?

Doesn't the notion that I should contact an attorney to ask my question make this site useless?

There's absolutely nothing wrong with deciding that this site is useless - in fact, that's your prerogative.

Given that there's absolutely no proof that anything happened, it's likely a moot question anyway. If you are a party to the action, then naturally it only makes sense to discuss it with your attorney; we do not have the case files, we do not have anywhere near the information the attorney would have.

Okay, well, you're free to hire an attorney. We don't give specific legal advice. So, what you're seeking, we don't offer.
Have a great evening, day, or life!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back