1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Court garnishishing wages

Discussion in 'Law School & Careers in Law' started by brucew66, Jun 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brucew66

brucew66 Law Topic Starter New Member

I have some company garnishing my wages that i never even borrow any money from! they have the right name and address for me and I right company that I work for but my social security number does match there court records. I check the records.
    Well i lost my license about a year ago and I'm not sure if that has any thing to do with it! the court shouldn't be able to garnish wages if ssn doesn't match, even if I have the same name but can't afford to hire a lawyer right now to get it straiten out! I told my company I was getting ready to quit if they keep taken money out of my check, 25% a lot. and I think the total owed is like 4,000 or more. what can I do? Bruce

2. brucew66

IS anyone going to help, are all of you just going to ignore my question. I'm I putting it under the wrong thread? Hello is there anyone out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. seniorjudge

seniorjudge Super Moderator

Have you got a full copy of the file where the company got a judgment against you?

Were you ever notified of any court action?

4. brucew66

yes i was notified of court action but ssn was diffrent last name was speell wrong and my middle name was diffrent!

5. brucew66

PLEASE HELP STILL :eek:

6. cbg

cbg Super Moderator

Well, to start with, yes, you did post in the wrong forum. Secondly, you're asking for free advice from volunteers who do this on their own time and do not get paid and do not appreciate your demanding attention.