County Tax Lien

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcbeck33

what is the best way to correct a county tax lien in the state of Texas? The taxes are from 2000 & 2001. They go back to a repossessed mobile home and I have just now received notice that any taxes were owed. They will not relinquish the penalty or interest. I can not obtain information regarding the date of repossession b/c the mobile home company has gone out of business. I have contacted the credit bureaus for information and they all state that the negative information has dropped off of my credit file and they can not obtain info either. I have no way to prove the date of repossession so am I legally obligated to pay theses taxes? Alos, what will happen if I do not pay these taxes? Can they garnish wages or keep me from selling my current home?

Last edited:
Perhaps I'm missing something, but what does the repossession have to do with the taxes you owe the county? Are you trying to say that the home was being taxed after it was repossessed? You may still be liable even if the home was not physically in your possession. The tax deficiency is not just going away until you do something about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back