Business Bankruptcy County collections

Status
Not open for further replies.

paintermj

My fiancé has gone through a custody dispute with her ex. It was stated in the agreement that both parties would split the GAL fees. Her ex has paid in full. Because support was reduced and she does not work or any income she has no money to pay. The GAL motion the court to pay her fees. It was granted. Now the county collections has sent her a letter stating to pay them in full in 30 days or dispute. She does want to dispute because she feels there are fauls charges and biasness. This aside, my question is if she cannot pay because she has no income or means to do so, what Consequences might she be facing? Could she be put on contempt charges?

My fiancé has gone through a custody dispute with her ex. It was stated in the agreement that both parties would split the GAL fees. Her ex has paid in full. Because support was reduced and she does not work or any income she has no money to pay. The GAL motion the court to pay her fees. It was granted. Now the county collections has sent her a letter stating to pay them in full in 30 days or dispute. She does want to dispute because she feels there are fauls charges and biasness. This aside, my question is if she cannot pay because she has no income or means to do so, what Consequences might she be facing? Could she be put on contempt charges?

Generally speaking, if you fail to comply with a court order, you can be held in contempt.

If the court orders you to pay, it isn't concerned that you say you can't pay.

Does the IRS care if they say you owe them $5,000?

No.

The court doesn't care if the cat dies, your lost your wallet, or any other excuse.

I suggest you help her get the money.

Usually you have to pay, and then dispute.

Be smart, pay it for her.

If she persists in NOT paying, you can eventually be arrested and confined in a jail cell.

If that happens, things will only get worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back