Counselor gives wrong classes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manders

I am attending a community college in San Jose, CA. My counselor gave me a list of classes she insisted I needed to take to transfer to a UC. I failed two of them, did some research and found out that I was not required to take at least half of the classes she assigned me and they had nothing to do with my major.I am a psychology major, my counselor said I needed to take several chemistry and biology classes, among others. So I've wasted two years taking unnecessary classes, wasted money paying for them, and now have a lowered GPA (it went from a 3.2 to a 2.4 after failing biology and chemistry and getting C's in some of the others) and have lost eligibility to receive student loans. I want to know what I can do legally to get them to reimburse me for these classes, remove the grades from my transcript, and reinstate my student loans. Any advice?

You have no legal recourse or remedy for failing classes you took.

The college might have an administrative remedy, see your Dean.

Otherwise, courts are reluctant to dabble in most school issues. Yours is one of those things a court won't touch.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk HD

You are required to have a life science and a physical science course, which the two of those meet. There are other courses that meet the requirement. Did you take any other science classes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back