Could I charge my Dad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Livia8

I live in SC. I am 21 years old and I am wanting to see if I should to to the police or not about this.

Around Christmas of '07 I left to go to Florida for a while, I was only gone for a little under 7 weeks. My Father sold my car while I was gone and the title was under my name. He forged my signature on the title just to get rid of it.

My father says that the car was still technically his and my mom's only because I still owed money to them....but I told them whenever they signed that car title to give that car to me, they signed over the rights for anything involving that car over to me.

I owed them $600 on the car, but my parents switched the car over into my name and my name alone because I told them I would pay it. I came back home, to find out that they had sold the car about 2 weeks before I came home. They sold the car for $1000 and they didn't even tell me that they got rid of it until on the ride home from the airport when I came back.

I have no way of getting anywhere now either because of that fact. They won't let me drive unless it's for something important so basically I can't go anywhere unless they want me to go somewhere.

Do you think I would have a case if I decided to press charges for my Dad forging the signature on the title of the car?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back