Corrupt Judge

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlissaAdamic

My name is Alissa, I have a beautiful 5 year old daughter. For the past year and a half I have been going through an agonizing child custody case. To put things in perspective, I started dating my daughters father when I was 16, he was 19. When I was 19 I became pregnant. I had our daughter on May 22, 2002 and we did not marry until June 15th 2002. We were also pushed into getting married when neither one of us wanted to get married. He comes from a very religious background. After our seperation we worked out a schedule where he gets her on his days off, which are two days a week. He did not pay me one penney for her until we had our first temporary hearing and I was awarded temporary child custody and child support. At our first hearing the judges first words out of his mouth were that he knew my daughters fathers father and was there any arguments to that. Me being the person that I am, thinking that there is a good person who will not be biast said no, we can continue. At our second hearing with all the exact same information he had at the first hearing, he then elected my daughters father primary custody. My daughter has been with me for 5 years almost everyday. I had to tell her yesterday that she had to go live with her daddy and she cried for an hour and even called him and told him she didn't want to live with him because she's not happy there. When I was looking over the papers, EVERYTHING in the papers that states the reasons I can't have her is strictly hearsay from my daughters mother. Everything and ANY evidence that I had on him (even my witness testimonys) were never even brought up in the final judgement. Not ONE WORD of anything that he has put JOcelyn and I through. I had close to 180 pages of dates and times of things that were written down right after they happened, and it's like he didn't even bother looking at any of the evidence or testimony against him. Now, keep in mind that if he knows his dad, he most lilkely knows his mother as well and he let her take the bench and testify. I am filing for an appeal, but I want to know what else I can do. I won't have my daughter anymore except every other weekend until this appeal is accepted and we go back to court. If we win the second trial, I want to sue the judge for fraudulant judgement of character due to conflict of interest. I guess what i'm wanting to know is how do I go about doing this and do you think it's plausable?
Thank You very much

WHAT STATE?

Do you have visitation, I"m not clear on that.

This judge should have been removed when he admitted he was involved with the granfather(?).

You can attempt to have the order overturned, and get a new judge. But, to find a lawyer to do that, I don't see happening.

Please provide more information, such a visitation schedule, reasons judge dumped all over you, stuff like that. I'll see if I can help you find some of your states laws, and a few cases to help you out.

Did you have an attorney? Sounds like you need one. If the judge knows the father in this case it seems to be this is a conflict of interest. There has to be a judiciary panel you can complain too, but you really need to see a family law attorney. I am sorry I do not have any more advice for you right now. An appeal might be a good idea.

Here is additional information on my case

Here is a copy of what I wrote the Senator and Governor of course without last names

My name is Alissa, I am a 26 year old mother of a beautiful and intelligent 5 year old daughter. For the past year and a half, I have been going through an agonizing child custody case in Okaloosa County, Florida. I married Jason T. Adamic on June 15th , 2002. I gave birth to Jocelyn on May 22nd, 2002. Jason and I started dating when I was 16 and he was 19 years old. He had always been my provider when I became pregnant. I did work sporadically through our marriage and after our separation. I do not work now because I've been a stay at home mother for the past year and some odd months. Taking care of Jocelyn and a house as well as errands is a full time job in itself. Always taking Jocelyn to her Dr.s Appointments and her play therapy appointments, soccer pratices, ballet practices, etc. I live with my boyfriend in a 3 bedroom home although we did not move in together until after my divorce was filed. We have a roommate that is technically our brother and have known him for many many years. He has an 8 year old son that is here only every other weekend and is most likely going to move out of state sure to his mother being relocated. Jocelyn and his son Dakota share a bedroom when Dakota is here although they do not sleep in the same bed nor even dress in the same room. On May 23rd, 2004 (one day after Jocelyns birthday) I moved out of home due to her father scaring me. There was an incident where he pushed me (it wasn't the first time he had scared me) and then told me a few select words "I'm lucky I wasn't a man, or he would knock the "insert worst curse word here" out of me. After that day I moved out because I didn't want to be one of those women who stuck by an abusive man. I moved in with my mother and my step father who have been married since 1988. I started going out a couple times a week, my mother and my father would baby sit Jocelyn. She would 90% of the time already be asleep when I would leave. Last September is when I moved in with my now fiancé Johnny Ellison. He is a staff sergeant in the USAF, he has been a USAF police officer for many year and just within the last year cross trained into being a Combat Arms Instructor. Since being with Johnny we only visit local bars on select occasions; birthdays, or friends coming in town that we haven't seen for year, that type of thing. I do not nor have I ever drank in front of Jocelyn and I will never drink around her. I do not do drugs and I run a "tight ship" with her schedule on the weekdays. On May 24th, 2004 when I left it was agreed upon that until we were divorced that her father would get her on his days off every weekend. (came to about 48 hours per week). HERE'S WHERE THINGS FALL APART. Jason helped me, at first, paying for things and throwing me a few bucks here and there. The first year that we filed our taxes, we filed jointly and I did not know how much we were getting back because his mother did our taxes. He told me that he would give me half of whatever we got back. (This was in 2005). He gave me 500.00 that I owed my parents because they were helping me with Jocelyns diapers, food and everything at the time. After that he told me that he wouldn't be giving me any more money for Jocelyn because he was going to win the case and he wasn't going to pay me child support. On Oct. of 2006 (mind you almost two years that he hadn't given me one penny), I was awarded temporary primary custody of our daughter and he finally had to start giving me financial assistant in raising our child. This day I found out some valuable information about the judge and his relationship to my daughters father. The judge knows Jasons father, which pretty much to me meant that he most likely knows his mother as well. He asked my attorney if it was going to be a problem and I turned and looked at my attorney. Being the naïve person that I am I thought that a judge would not have a biast opinion. I was VERY wrong. Our final court date was Oct. 23rd of this year. The judge who took this case was Jack R. Heflin. Judge Heflin (with the SAME EXACT EVIDENCE that was provided in the first court date) awarded Jason primary residential parent. My lawyer as well as I don't know how or why that happened. I have close to 160 sheets of paper that were written with dates and times as well as people that were around me stating evidence as to why he shouldn't be primary residential parent and NOTHING, not ONE WORD of what I wrote down or any of the people testifying against Jason was in the final judgement. It's almost like he looks at everything on Jasons side of the case and didn't take in ANY factors that were on my behalf. In 2003 Jason was Baker Acted by law to spend 28 days in a mental institution because he had severe depression which then lead him to hearing voices, talking to people that weren't there and seeing things. Shortly after Jason and I separated he called me at work because a 27 inch television fell on her in his care and he wasn't going to take her to the doctor. I realize that I have done bad things in my past, but they never affected Jocelyns life or her her well being. I used to go out a lot, and I had a family friend who I hung out with that I didn't know had a record for lascivious contact on a person under the age of 16. I didn't know anything about his charges until Jason and his attorney informed my attorney and I about them. Of course after that I did not hang around him nor talk to him anymore. We were in no way shape or form anything other than friends. I met him because his mom and my mom worked together. I knew him for 6 years and I knew he had problems, but when I did see him (about 3 times a year) I made it very clear to not bring any of his problems up or around my daughter and I. Back to the judge's ruling. It states in our final judgement that Jason is more willing to allow frequent and continuing contact with me during the childs minority. I have SEVERAL circumstances where Jason has not let me have Jocelyn even when my family who doesn't see her but once a year were in town. I drove an hour to let his brother see Jocelyn on our last years Christmas Vacation just because she was excited that he was so close and she wanted to see him. I have let Jason have her when his family was in town as well as when his girlfriends family has been in town. This past summer, I did not get to spend one weekend with my daughter because his schedule changed. When we started the agreement in court he had her on his days off. (One month Friday- Sunday and the next month Sun. – Tues) About one month after we had our temporary hearing, Jasons schedule changed to every weekend off. I did not have her ANY WEEKENDS for almost 6 months. I asked for extra time and he replied with "I enjoy MY time with her TOO much". I have taken her to see his mother when she hadn't seen Jocelyn in a while. I have been nothing but nice during this process. Now, I am LIVID. I do not know what to do and I want something done immediately. This judge "with the same evidence as the first court appearance", now decides that her father gets to have her. I know this is going to sound crazy, but I really do think that it's because the judge knows Jasons father. The ONLY reason that I think that is because I know mothers who have been on drugs, (even proved in court), are strippers and they still get their kids. The fact that I am a stay at home mother should make me a better parent because I am always here to drop her off and pick her up, take her to her appointments, practices, recitals, and be at her every beck and call any hour of the day. In Jasons mother testimony she told the courts that I told her that I would rather be at bars then be a mother. Those words have NEVER came out of my mouth. I love being a mother, always have and always will. Another man testified to the same thing that she said. That man is her life long friend who knows nothing about me other than what people say about me. All of this judges findings have come down to nothing but hearsay from people that he knows. Like I said before, I have dates, times, places, people and testimonys from what a great mother I am and NOTHING was even taken into consideration. I had to tell my daughter yesterday that she had to go live with her daddy and she cried for two hours histerically. She did not get to sleep until 1 am this morning because she didn't want to leave my side. She didn't want to go to school this morning because she didn't want to leave me. This isn't effecting my life Mr. Nelson as much as it is effecting hers. She has been with me for 5 years, she's healthy, she's smart, she's fed and bathed everyday, obviously I'm not a bad mother if she has made it this far and nothing is wrong with her. There will be something wrong with her after she moves into her fathers house. She is not looking forward to it and she is already resenting him. My lawyer is filing an appeal for me, but her life is about to be turned upside down because of ONE biast opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back